Specialist skills in historical research, departmental time management and training staff. Having developed over more than five years military costume experience, co-running and frequently managing a busy department at Angels Costumiers. Prior to Angels, I have established my skills in fashion product development, innovative design interpretation, and production team experience.
Wannabe (Short Film) – Wardrobe Supervisor Nov 16
Being in charge of the extras on the day, assisting the designer with dressing, designing of the extras and principles.
- Extra dresser
- Organising extras for the day
- On-set standby
AA Milne Project (Film) – Military Advisor (Standby) Sep / Oct 16
Being Military advisor both prior to and during production filming. Historical and archival research on real life people.
- Military dresser
- Military checker and advisor
- On-set standby
- Historical research
Angel’s Costumiers – Deputy Head Military Costumier April 11 / Sept 16
Within this role I started as an intern and worked my way up to deputy head. I handled large-scale productions, conducted in-depth research and assisted with design development.
- Expert consulting with Costume Designers, Assistant Directors and Wardrobe Department
- Fulfilling designer briefs and preparing outfits for worldwide clients
- Measuring costumes and picking outfits
- Fitting actors and dressing them
- Preparing all medals/trims for the garments/clients
- Research clients specific design idea
- Ongoing general and specific historical and costume research
- Sewing, alterations and mending items
- Booking and shipping costumes to clients
- Organising returned stock
- Costume stock maintenance and organisation
Style Me Quirky – Head Stylist (Freelance) Feb 15 / Current
Drag makeover and dressing service, head stylist for all clients and photo shoots.
- Research and concept development
- Client mood board interpretation, consultation and development
- Creative Styling and preparing rails for clients based on briefs
- On-set styling, dressing and adjustments
- Creative involvement and contribution before and during the shoot
Alan Moore Secret Project (Photography) Costumier (Freelance) Nov 14
Secret project for Alan Moore, consisted of me taking care of the lead. Research into the principles correct uniform and being on set to dress/assist and advise.
- Principles dresser
- Designing the outfit based on historical research
- Styling preparation and alterations
- On-set styling
Pride (Film) – (Standby) Jun 13
Mainly being in charge of the police on-set, ensuring the uniforms and equipment were correct. Continuity was key for these particular days.
- Police dresser and advisor
- Dressing actors
- On-set styling
- Monitoring costume continuity
University of Lincoln – Lecturer Feb 08 / July 11
Returning guest lecturer at Lincoln. Giving lecturer’s on the fashion industry, how to apply and be successful within this field. Portfolio evaluation, advice and tips to the third year students.
- Portfolio reviews and advice
MA Fashion Cultures: Fashion in Film London College of Fashion Current
BA Hons (Upper 2.1) Degree in Fashion Design Lincoln University Sep 04 / Jun 07
National Diploma in Fashion Design (Merit Pass) Lincoln University Sep 02 / Jun 04